Tropica Aquarium Soil - Powder
Aquarium Soil Powder is used when planning a new aquarium. The fine-grained active bottom layer is especially suitable for front plants – see how to use it here.
- Aquarium Soil Powder is a complete active bottom layer, which can be used without any other types of bottom layer.
- The attractive grain size makes it suitable for foreground plants.
- Aquarium Soil Powder ensures proper growth and stimulates the colour development.
How to use the product
Aquarium Soil Powder ensures good and active growth from the beginning, and boosts the red plant shades. It is a complete bottom layer, which can be used without any other types of bottom layer. Aquarium Soil Powder is further an active bottom layer that lowers the pH value and slightly affects the water chemistry.
We recommend that you change 25-50% of the water min. twice a week during the first 4 weeks after establishing the aquarium.
How do I calculate the quantity of Soil or Soil Powder needed for my tank?
- Measure your tank’s length and width in cm, for example 90 x 60 cm.
- Consider the thickness of the bottom layer you want, e.g. 8 cm.
Make the layer thicker towards the rear wall for a great visual effect!
- The calculation to do is length x width x layer divided by 1000.
In our example, 90 x 60 x 8/1000 = 43,2 L Soil/Soil Powder needed.